Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day after Earth Day 2015

Well....just saw on Global TV Toronto that Earth Day participants in Toronto were only 6% as compared to 10% last year....guess folks could not tear themselves away from their electronic devices or leave the hockey game for one hour.....hope they will look around and decide how they can be kinder to the earth and the future of their children....they could start by not causing and creating so much wastefulness.....and that would be in any department of their life......kcups could be a start...take your paring knife...clean off the foil on top of the kcup after you have your coffee....scoop the grinds into your compost pail...rinse out the cup and put in recycle blue box....that is what I do and it only takes a couple of minutes to do.   I noticed that some kcups have an interior plastic basket and cloth like filter....I try not to buy them as they take extra time to clean and I don't think the cloth like filter would be compostable....when buying kcups at Coffeetrends store or Personal choice store, I squeeze the bottom of the kcups and if it is hard, I don't purchase that kind of coffee.  I also have a list of the companies that package the kcups like that.......after a while, you remember what is what.
A tip from greenhouse gal for you......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home