Saturday, March 28, 2015

Long long and longer winter -2015

Oh my gosh....it has been such a long long time since I blogged about my greenhouse....it has been a long and longer winter, it seems to me and we still have lots of icy snow in our yards and yesterday, for some reason, it snowed again....at least, it melted and we didn't have to shovel it.
My greenhouse is lovely and warm today with the sunshine coming through the glass...plants in there are loving the heat.  I am not starting any seeds this year as I do not have a vegetable garden and decided not to have a tomato plant or two, like I did last year....will concentrate on flowers....I really want a couple of tall sunflowers to grow in my flowerbed this summer.
Well - today is Earth day - I do not participate by turning off lights and burning candles as I actually try hard to do Earth day every day of my life....I am a thrifty shopper, I don't leave lights on in the house if I don't need them....don't use a lot of electronic devices (they advise folks to turn them off during the Earth hour tonight).....I recycle everything possible....I compost all my kitchen scraps...we put out one bag of garbage once a month or every 6 weeks...we take clothing that we don't need to Value Village and our local sharing centre and we give unneeded or not used items to our Knights of Columbus annual Garage Sale in May.  I ride my bike in the nice weather-have already rode it 3 times (even tho it was freezing out).....I save on Hydro by using washer, dishwasher and dryer in off peak hours....try to use the oven for more than one thing when it is turned on....and consciously practice being kind to the earth every day....I feel very close to Mother Earth and get annoyed when I see people that abuse her kindness.
There.....I have expressed how I feel about Earth Day....it is a good idea and I think it brings some awareness annually but EVERYONE who wants to save the earth for the future should be careful and cautious every day of their lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home