Saturday, August 26, 2006

Jamming

Not musical jamming! That's my son's department. I have made yummy jams this week-plum conserve & peach/apple conserves....these are recipes from my 47 year old Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. There is something wonderful about creating these delicious jars of fruit with your own hands.
The garden is doing so well - sunflowers are finally blooming - beans have blooms on them - the rain last weekend and cooler weather has brought a lot of tomatoes to ripen. I am so pleased with my garden. Today, I picked swiss chard and celery. The chard is for supper and I will dry the celery leaves for next winter's soups and salads. I also picked more summer savory and wrapped it to dry - for Thanksgiving and Christmas dressing.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 p.m., Blogger SuzanneA said...

I'm new to blogging so was happy to finally find one with good content and beautiful pictures. I'm envious of your garden - mine had wild horseradish and wild lettuce, that has now gone to seed. I meant to put in a couple of tomato plants, but that was as far as I got!

 
At 10:32 p.m., Blogger greenhousegal said...

Thank you - retirement makes gardening easier - there is always next year to try the tomato plants - don't give up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home