Friday, July 21, 2006

Where did June go?



I have not "blogged" since May-mainly because my hubby & I went on a road trip to Alberta which ate up the month of June for us...we had a wonderful time....spent time with my brother and his wife in Calgary...helped a little with their garden. Their garden is growing fabulously...they had nice weather early in Spring and planted their seeds...I was amazed at the beets, carrots, lettuce and all in general. My brother grows some veggies in raised beds to keep the heat in and maybe beat the early frosts they get in the west.
We drove to Edmonton with my brother and his wife, stayed at the Fantasyland Hotel and the West Edmonton Mall-but, on the way there, we went to St. Albert and visited Lois Hole's greenhouse. I have never seen such a beautiful maintained greenhouse-I enjoyed seeing the Alpine plants-we just don't have the variety in Ontario-could it be that we are missing mountains here? Speaking of mountains, we had a day trip through the Rockies which - literally - take your breath away.
Since we arrived home, I have been spending all my spare time weeding the garden....we had a lot of rain and heat and the weed growth is tremendous....the garden looks very good now. The Shasta daisies were gorgeous this spring. I have some surprises-"love lies bleeding" reseed itself and is growing everywhere...also...purple mallow....and morning glories....I didn't plant as much as other years so it is nice to see the blooms.
I must get serious about drying herbs now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home