Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!

It's Valentine's Day and I received a beautiful valentine!!! How romantic!!
On Valentine's Day, I cannot believe how nice the church poinsettias look-last week, they lost a lot of leaves and petals, so I crowded them closer together, watered them and hoped to get another week from them. This morning, I watered them and they lost a lot more of their greenery, so I brought four smaller poinsettias from in front of the altar and crowded them together and it filled in the gap. In the centre of the two groups - I placed the mini cypress trees. They are amazing plants. They are growing and must be getting enough light as they outshine the poinsettias.
Last night at my Hort club meeting-the first one of 2006-David Minaker - www.minakers.com -from Minaker's nursery in Kingston, was guest speaker and showed slides on new annuals and perennials.....it was exciting to hear him talk about how many seedlings they have already started. He is a guy who really loves his work... a bonus for gardeners. Next month, we are having a seed exchange, so I am looking forward to that.
The greenhouse is doing well, without me working in it lately. I noticed a begonia with a flower stem shooting out of it. The geraniums are blooming and my cyclamen is fabulous.
Enjoyment: Taking geranium cuttings in February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home