Monday, January 30, 2006

Icy Monday!!

Today, we woke up to an ice covered world - the life of retirees requires looking out the window and saying - Ho Hum - we don't have to go anywhere today - great life.

sThe ice didn't stay very long - the sun came out and it melted - and there is absolutely no snow left here. It looks like March weather.

Today - the greenhouse was swept and tidied and watered. While watering a basket of plants that my daughter gave me for Mother's Day, two years ago, I noticed that the Moses in the Cradle plant actually had a Moses - this doesn't happen very often on these plants and it is very unique - a little basket holding pretty little flowers, tucked between the leaf and stem - just like Moses was hidden in the bulrushes. I am always happy to see different things happening and growing in my greenhouse.

My pink cyclamen is blooming it's heart out today - taking the place of the Christmas cactus -which is just about finished now. The cactus is now on a bottom shelf waiting for a new pot - it has been living in a cracked plastic pot so next time I am potting, it will get fixed up.

I pulled off a lot of dead crunchies from my spider plants. I had a bucket of "straw" from them to put in the composter.

There is something really special about blooming garden plants - like begonias and geraniums - in late January.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home