Monday, September 19, 2005

Garden Cleanup!

Yesterday I decided to clean up the garden-pulled out petunias and some sedum in one flower bed-cut back the peonies and some other bedraggled perennials. Then I headed to the garden and pulled out the tomatoes-I only grew Tiny Tim's this summer and they were bursting before I could pick them, so they were cut down and bagged up. I grew a huge morning glory plant on my arbor and a lot of leaves were yellowing so it was the next thing to cut down and it was a lot of cutting as it was very well wrapped around the arbor's slats.
This AM we loaded our car's trunk with bags and bags of garden waste and went to Lappan's Lane, the recyling depot, and dumped it there. It looks like a lot of folks are on the same wave length as me - I saw lots of garden flowers and tomatoes-we were there around 8:30AM and it was busy already.
Back to the garden - where I dug up some irises and yarrow and moved them to another flower bed. Hopefully I will finish the job this week and can concentrate on bringing into the greenhouse my geraniums, begonias, some herbs. I will leave the dahliahs until the frost hits them and the flowers in my herb garden will remain also but the vegetable garden will be clean and roto-tilled.
Enjoyment: A tidy garden!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home