Monday, May 15, 2006

Geraniums

Today started off very cool -then sunny-then cloudy-this PM was gorgeous, sunny and warm-this evening, cloudy again, cool again and then buckets of rain.....BUT.....we poured 5 bags of sand around our Colorado Blue Spruce and raked it and it looks great again and will make lawn cutting around the tree so easy.
I planted five (5) red geraniums in my front flower bed and moved my rocks around so it looks really pretty now. A couple of days ago, we dug up a pink spirea shrub and transplanted it in my next door neighbour's front flower bed, so I had some extra space to fill with the geraniums.
I have two HUGE clay pots that I fill with geraniums and vines, etc., for our back patio and I potted them before the rain came down. Then I caught rain water from the downspout to water them with.
I have some room in the greenhouse now for flats of plants that I have ready for the plant sale on Saturday.
While enjoying a Tim Horton's coffee on the patio this PM, I marked all the plant sale perennials with cut up vinyl blind slats....they make great plant markers for your garden as well....just be sure to use a waterproof marker when writing on the slats.
My mother's day lily is blooming like crazy and is so beautiful!!!
We also went to Loblaws today and bought 3 - large bags of Super Soil-the best potting soil, ever.
It was a great gardening day even though the weather was really crazy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home