Wednesday, August 16, 2006

One Armed Gardening

My garden is not up to par due to having my left hand in a splint for the past 3 weeks - injury to tendons - it is getting better and now I can do some repotting of my greenhouse plants. You never realize how much you use your left hand until something happens. Twice a week therapy and the splint have made my life much more bearable. I can't wait to do actual digging and pulling of weeds and plants.
Enough complaint - overall, the garden is doing well. The beans and radishes are growing - tomatoes are delish - I eat them for breakfast with my toast. YUM! Flowers are amazing. I have been cleaning out dead fleurs and yesterday I picked rhubarb - I chopped 10 cups - see - the hand is better - and today I made a rhubarb orange coffee cake with cinnamon topping. Tomorrow, I will make rhubarb jam with rhubarb, crushed pineapple and strawberry jello. Today, I also rode my bike a distance. Our weather is wonderful but forecast shows heat wave with high humidity coming soon. Better enjoy my energy level now - it will be gone when the heat arrives and I will sit on the patio, read my book and drink cool drinks.
Enjoyment: Chopping chives to dry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home