Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Cloudy day gardening

Saturday was a cloudy day so I decided to pick up all the cones that had fallen off our Colorado Blue Spruce and weed the perimeter of the tree. It looks so much neater now.
I also did a lot of gardening - picked tomatoes - gave two large bags of swiss chard to my neighbours - cut down my Summer Savory and wrapped it in newspaper to hang in the garage and dry - cleaned out some dead flower stalks and generally made my garden look so much neater.
But...
After all my hard work, I noticed a rash on my wrists and left hand and my neck...from the spruce needles, I assume...so I have been using some medicated ointment and it is clearing a little. Be very careful when working around prickly trees and shrubs. I had a glove on my right hand and my wrist splint on my left hand - it would have been worse without them.
We had rain Sunday and yesterday was cloudy and cool and I caught up on some stuff inside. Today, my sister came for a little visit and she went home with Swiss chard
- onions - tomatoes - a bouquet of flowers - oh yes - and pickles and jams. It is great to share your produce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home