Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's too cold to plant my veggies!!


We have had chilly weather for the end of May.....I am waiting to plant my vegetable garden till June....which just happens to be starting on Sunday.
Tomatoes are still growing.....marigolds are getting bigger....I lost some of my basil seedlings to aphids, so I have transplanted some of them and misted them with warm water and I must be vigilant in doing this a few times a day. I promised Mark lots of basil for his garden this summer and hopefully it will grow better now.
I have bought few plants at the Foodland Store garden centre and today I bought some seeds at the $ store.
Last night, there was a frost forecast so I lugged a lot of my pots into the greenhouse and some into the garage....I know the heat is coming soon and will likely knock us over when it gets here as our blood must still be winter thick.

Here is a photo of my friend, Roger's, pond in progress....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home