Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gardening, gardening

I haven't been blogging as I have been gardening......my husband and I moved my arbor from the edge of the garden to another area in our yard...it was difficult to rototill the garden with the arbor where it was located. Hubby had to make new posts to hold the arbor in place as the originals were rotten, rotten wood. To prepare for the move, I dug and dug loads of perennials, and potted them. I took three flats of perennials to a church plant sale and I am still digging plants and will take them to another plant sale and give some away to friends. I have been using my wonderful compost for these plants and some old potting soil that I dumped in the garden last fall....a great mix for these transplanted flowers.
Everything survived the winter and is growing like a speed demon....I can't believe how big the rhubarb has grown...we had a rhubarb upside down cake last week....and the chives are 12" tall.
Tonight, I planted 5 large pots with geraniums from the greenhouse and used a 70litre bag of potting soil...hope they will do well....it is early to place them outdoors but I desparately need room in the greenhouse...I have at least 6 plants to bring home from my church....they need some tlc and lots of sunshine.
This week I bought a pilea plant in a tiny pot for $1.79 at Home Depot....tonight I took it apart and discovered that I now own 8 pilea plants.....hope they grow well.
I also bought a prayer plant for $1.79 and it had 2 babies in it.....don't you love it when you get these bargain plants....
Time to sign off......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home