Monday, June 30, 2008

Canada Day Weekend

Happy Canada Day Weekend all you Canadian gardeners....it has been a wet weekend....Friday night, we had a terrific thunderstorm which I slept through...on Saturday AM, my garden was wonderfully wet - and a little muddy - so I left it until yesterday and did some weeding till my back gave out and sweat was pouring off my body. I picked radishes - also very muddy.
Late in the afternoon, the sky got very dark and we could hear thunder rolling - then when hubby was bbqing, the storm broke - a large crash of thunder shook the house - the rain - torrential like - came down and my garden was totally under water
- I have a little trench dug in my garden in case of heavy rain - but it didn't help at all. After supper, I didn't bother going outdoors - too wet, hot and muggy.
On Monday, I will be anxious to see if some newly planted Flowering Kale and Celery plants washed away and the lettuce will be muddy and sandy as well.
But - the rain will help things grow when the sun comes out.
Not really a greenhouse update but connected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home