Thursday, June 26, 2008

Greenhouse is clean for 2008

That time of year again....cleaning the greenhouse.....it took 3+days this year....our Lord and Burnham greenhouse has roof windows that open automatically when the set temperature is reached. I have never been able to clean the windows and they were looking pretty dirty...so...my hubby took all 6 screens out...we cleaned the screens and the aluminum piece that holds them in place. Then I cleaned the windows-it took me over 2 hours to scrub the dirt and mildew off them....then my hubby rinsed them with the spray hose....they just sparkled...what a difference. After the screens were reassembled and put back, I cleaned all the other windows, the shelves, the cement floor and walls....bugs and cobwebs disappeared in a hurry.
During this cleaning time, the plants were in the garage. Tables were scrubbed and put back in the greenhouse, then I started bringing back plants...first, the hanging plants....some repotting was done. I threw some plants in the composter and took some apart and repotted a lot of them. I still have some repotting and cuttings to do but the greenhouse, though crowded, looks wonderful. We also cleaned the outside greenhouse windows with the spray hose and my faithful heavy duty cleaner from Home Depot. Whew....I'm pooped now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home