Friday, September 19, 2008

Continuing 2008 Cleanup

The garden cleanup has started....cosmos that blew over in last week's wind have been chopped down....Mona Lavender Plectranthus (2 plants) were dug up and are now in pots in the greenhouse along with Silver Knight Plectranthus (huge plant)...also dug up small parsley plants and sad looking basil...they are in vases of water. waiting to be potted.
I picked large amount of marigolds, a few helianthus-they are now sparse, and some gaillardia and put them in brass pots to decorate my church this weekend.
I potted a Brouwallia plant but don't know if I can winter it in the greenhouse but I love the blue flowers....Tons of weeds were yanked out also and the rest of the bean plants. Swiss chard had a blight so it is gone now. I pulled out some celery-it wasn't great but I kept the leaves to dry for my soups...the celery leaves have exceptional flavour...I had to quit after a couple of hours as my back was starting to tell me to stop.
I also picked 4 citrons and will make preserves this weekend.

Left in the garden: carrots, celery,tomatoes, and flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home