Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sunny days-sunny, sunny days---

In the PM - I worked in my garden - it was such a beautiful and sunny day. When I was eating my lunch, my neighbour phoned me and said they were taking a load of yard waste to Lappan's Lane - our compost/recycle place - so I gave them about 5 small bags of garden stuff - then I hauled out the broken "Love Lies Bleeding" plants - plus some overgrown rhubarb and threw them in the truck....went back in the house to finish my slice of banana bread and coffee...energy food! I hit the ground running and spent a lot of time in the garden...dug up carrots, cleaned out all the bug eaten swiss chard leaves, picked a bouquet of asters for my kitchen table, picked some ripening tomatoes (they are staying green longer now), picked some celery leaves to dry (for soups and salads), checked my beans-they are starting to grow, cut down some poppies and saved the pods-they are in a vase. I did not weed. I just enjoyed being outdoors. This evening, a friend from church, gave me a box of plants for our church bazaar plant table. She always grows very different things and some are very interesting looking, especially a cactus that doesn't really look like a cactus to me. Tomorrow, rain is forecast. No gardening allowed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home