Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pots and pots

Today, we had more rain - all day - so this PM I attempted to pot some cuttings and repot some other plants in the greenhouse...I have used up most of my small pots and will have to scrounge some from some friends and neighbours as I do not want to spend dollars and cents on pots. If I get totally desparate for pots, I will punch holes in my coffee cans, margarine containers or whatever else is in my house that can be recycled.
Here is a list of newly potted plant babies - 3 plectranthus, 1 hoya, 2 spider plants, 2 jade plants, 5 citronella plants, 2 coleus, 2 Silver Shield plectranthus, 1 wandering jew, 3 aloe vera plants. I also cleaned up crunchies from the geraniums and a pineapple sage. I elevated a begonia (from my mum's plants)-placed it on top of a clay pot so it can cascade so now I won't be stepping on it.
I don't have any more hanging space in the greenhouse - it is packed. I will take photos soon so you can see what I mean.
My garden is a mud bed right now and there is more rain forecast for the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home