Friday, October 06, 2006

Adding to the compost heap in Kingston!

This afternoon, we took a trip to Lappan's Lane in Kingston, to dump a trunkload of garden waste on the huge compost heap. Surprise - the grounds there were quite dry - I assumed that after the rains we had recently that the ground would be a muddy sinkhole. There were only 3 other vehicles there unloading their yard waste. When we came home, I picked the rest of my zinnias and put them in a vase on the kitchen table. The garden is looking sadder everyday so it is time to put it to bed. I picked more tomatoes, dug up a celery root and pulled out some green onions. I was looking for recipes for swiss chard but think I will try to freeze some of it and give the rest to neighbours. Right now, I want to get my house in order - we had painting done this week - finish with the garden so I can work in my greenhouse and do some sewing. It is amazing how the rain has made things grown- especially the flowers and herbs. We sat on our patio this PM for a while - what a gorgeous day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home