Monday, October 16, 2006

No action!



There has been absolutely no action in my garden in the past week, except for me walking by it to my compost bin. It rained practically every day since Tuesday - the weather has been cold and windy as well. In fact, Niagara area was dumped with a big snowstorm - I really am not complaining about the rain.
Yesterday was cloudy and sunny periods -so - my husband and I took the greenhouse shade down and stored it in the garage for winter. It is a big job but it saves the shade from wearing out. Now the greenhouse will have more light and sun - usually it takes the plants some adjusting to the changes - hopefully they will grow bigger as our church bazaar is in 3 weeks and I would like big plants for my table.
I have been researching poisonous plants as I was given a croton and dumb cane plant-both are extremely poisonous to pets and children-can cause burning of the mouth and throat if ingested. Scary! Do I sell them at the bazaar or get rid of them. I don't have pets or little children but I am still worried about them. Spider plants, poinsettias and peace lilies are also poisonous - but not as bad as the croton and dumb cane.
We are hoping the rain will stop, the garden will dry up a little and we can roto till the earth for winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home