Thursday, October 26, 2006

No rain for 3 days!!! yeah!!!


We have not had rain for 3 days - but - it will return tomorrow - so the weather channel predicts. In the past 3 days, my husband cut the grass and today he rototilled the garden and I raked it smooth - a real 20 minute workout for me.
Yesterday, I emptied out the flower pots - I keep the earth in bags in the garden shed over winter and amend it in the spring-and use it again in my flower pots. We were able to wash out the pots and bring them inside. If you leave clay pots outdoors during winter, they will most likely crack and break. They soak up the water and moisture, freeze, then on a nice warm day, they will thaw and become pieces of clay.
I have been potting plants like I am out of my mind and I think I have all the Silver Shield Plectranthus cuttings planted in pots - there must be at least 15.
I hope everyone will buy them at the plant sale. They are a really pretty foliage plant.(see photo-silvery green leaves with little spike)
My friend, Bill, gave me a tray of spider plants and he was kind enough to pot them for me - also - some beautiful ivies, which I transplanted into hanging pots.
I am thankful for the sunny days we have enjoyed - still waiting for Indian Summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home